At the health care summit on Thursday, Barack Obama will:
- Pinch his fingers together a lot.
- Purse his lips a lot.
- Pretend like he’s keeping his campaign promise to have open health care negotiations even though he’s only doing it after being called on the carpet about it and after the real “negotiations” (read: Democratic caucuses) are done.
- Say, “Let me be clear,” a lot and then not be clear.
- Say, “You will be able to keep your health plan and your doctor” a lot.
- Lie some more.
- And stumble and fumble around when something gets out of his control.
- Be generally useless because they’re scared to death of being called the “party of no,” even when it’s a good thing to say no to something bad.
- Let their minds wander off to how much more money they can spend so they won’t feel guilty about something.
“Overall the president’s numbers have been between the mid and upper 40s since around Thanksgiving — they tend to get a little lower when health care becomes the primary focus, as it is now,” said Scott Rasmussen, the pollster.
HEY! OBAMA! IS THE COMMUNICATION GETTING ANY BETTER? HELLO?
via Polls: Obama’s Approval Dropping, Opposition Up to Pro-Abortion Health Care Bill.
Speakerette of the House Nancy Pelosi says that what Congress is really offering in its health care reform bills is a “consumer option,” not a public option:
“As we’re mandating that people buy insurance we are saying to them, you have leverage, you have another choice. This is your consumer option.” To back up her point, Pelosi said that the program would be self-sustaining and benefits would be paid for by premiums, not taxpayers.
Point 1: She actually managed to say that the government would both mandate insurance and offer a choice. Translation: We will remove your choice to buy insurance and offer you a choice of which insurance to buy. Take with one hand … well, take with one hand.
Point 2: The program will be “self-sustaining” and won’t be paid by taxpayers. Uh-huh, and Social Security will only put out benefits already paid in by the beneficiaries, and so will Medicare. Taxpayers won’t be affected by this at all. Nope, no way. Move on. Nothing to see here. Uh-huh. Liberal Democrats are going to institute a massive public insurance program that won’t affect taxes. And you can set up an ice cream concession in hell, too.